Thursday, March 1, 2012

Heyyyyy Good Lookin'

Oh, what a nice evening. The hail is coming down. My boys are happy. The cats are lazy and so am I. The dishes are done after a fine winter meal of spicy shrimp, lobster ravioli & fried corn. A little whiskey. A little wine. A few months ago I rescued my vinyl collection from disaster. It's been so much fun to play the old records. Just today my new turntable arrived & it was like Christmas taking it out of the box. Buckwheat Zydeco, Elvis, Burl Ives. What fun! My favorite song tonight so far is Buckwheat's rendition of the old Hank Williams song, written in 1951, "Hey Good Lookin'" The same year, Frankie Laine & Jo Stafford released a duet version. Hank's song was finally inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2001. Something about that old accordian, though....makes me horny ;) Seriously! Rock on, y'all! Spring is almost here. We can do this!

No comments: