Friday, February 3, 2012

Waiting game


I have 50 poems, four or five stories and fistfuls of photos out for submission. This process takes months and months. I am not a very patient person. Often, I have to choose between writing itself and the labor of submitting. That's the way it has to be. There simply aren't enough hours in the day.

Speaking of, it's time to cook breakfast.....or not.


Raw food diet

I desire you like a starving beast desires prey.
Want to rip into the succulence of your soft,
Vulnerable places, teeth bared, eyes rolled back,
Snarling, unstoppable, ripping
into the flimsy machine of your heart,
licking the salt of your blood
spilled onto curled, barbed tongue.
I crave the stalking, the chase, the enraged,
bone-snapping power of my jaw unleashed
upon your thighs, breast, haunches, neck, brain.
Bloodlust for deep, rabid, mouthfuls
of your sweet, raw, leaking flesh,
all muscle and tendon
And wet, satisfied hunger.

No comments: