Saturday, November 12, 2011

Spin one for me

Whoa, it's been a long time. I finally got most of those pesky moving boxes unpacked. Of course, I'm mostly interested in kitchen utensils, writing implements, books and....so exciting and a long story, but I finally got my vinyl collection back! Joy!!!! Aretha Franklin, Mahalia Jackson, Cat Stevens, Grateful Dead, Burl Ives, Guy Lombardo, Billy Joel, Pussycat Girls, symphonies, African folk tales...a little bit of everything. I LOVE those records. So now it's fall and I'm happy to have a happy, cozy cocoon for winter, surrounded by books and music, poetry, family, cooking, and hopefully, in addition to the beautiful sound of a needle on vinyl, the sound of pen on paper and fingers on keyboard. I'm doing better with daily writing again and am having some success publishing photography, poetry & smut. There is ebb and flow and it takes some patience to get into the groove without putting so much pressure on oneself as to get frustrated and quit. Words, don't fail me now! It is a gorgeous autumn here, and I am thankful for that and so much else.

1 comment:

Craig Sorensen said...

Once we got past our strange autumn snowstorm, our fall has been wonderful too.

Enjoy!

Oh, my verification word:

rasbuts