Friday, November 18, 2011

Home with my pussy

I work less than a mile from  home now. It's really nice to run home for a bite of lunch on a non-running day....feels good to be in a different space, away from the office.

I'm here, in my cozy place with Stewie the cat, sun shining through the rain clouds after a passing shower.

The weekend is going to be a nice mix of adventure and relaxation. Maybe a few new words will even appear. Maybe a few old ones will be sent off into the vortex.

At the moment, I am obsessed with this story I read in the Wall Street Journal about a Japanese sweet shop owner in the aftermath of the tsunami. I have this overwhelming urge to write his story. Not "his" story, but a story that captures this kind of grief and hope. I've read the article at least 10 times. It just really touched me. I think I have decided to just write what feels right now and decide what to do with it later. If it doesn't work or is too personal or too rooted in fact, at least I will have scratched the itch.

Ciao Bellas. Back to work I go, refreshed.

The Hard RoadLi Bai

......Journeying is hard,

Journeying is hard.
There are many turnings --
Which am I to follow?....
I will mount a long wind some day and break the heavy waves
And set my cloudy sail straight and bridge the deep, deep sea.

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

I'd like to read that story. I'd like to read it a lot.

And a great poem.

That Li, he knew how to get to the heart of the matter, didn't he?

Gina Marie said...

I sure would like to sit down & chat with Li, with a pot of wine under the cherry trees. I bet he could learn me a thing or two!