Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Far and Away

“Laura felt a warmth inside her. It was very small, but it was strong. It was steady, like a tiny light in the dark, and it burned very low but no winds would make it flicker because it would not give up.” ― Laura Ingalls Wilder, The Long Winter

The warmth inside of me at the moment is the anticipation of a road trip to Big Sky Country. No, not Montana. The big sky nobody knows about. The most peaceful place on earth. The place that has felt like home since I first wound up there, by accident, long ago as a girl really, on a wildland fire crew. I just can't get enough of it. The big sky of the Oregon outback. Where the chukars & big horn roam.
 
I'm thankful for so much that it hurts. For you and you and you. Be. Good. Laugh. Play. Live. Write. Sing. Paint. Make noise. Make messes. Get dirty. Roll around. Laugh. Smile. Cry. Hope. Life is short & so am I. Live big & apologize later! Gobble gobble & all that Jazz. Oh yeah, and if you ever get a chance to golf naked. Go for it!
 

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

By Oregon Outback, are you thinking of the deserts of Eastern Oregon? I just had a lovely jaunt across it a couple of months ago on my way to the coast.

Enjoy yourself!

Gina Marie said...

Yep, Craig! It was amazing, as it always is. We like to go to the east side of Steens Mountain.