Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ten Minutes


The kids ate up their bacon and cereal and bananas and left to catch the bus to school and I had ten minutes after my shower in the soft sounds of my own bare feet and the rumble of the furnace and the ticking clock....to think, ponder, wonder, leap about, dance, play with myself, write, dream, pour another cup.

But I couldn’t decide. So I curled up with the cat instead.....and thought about you.

The words will come when they are ready.




"[Words] cling to the very core of our memories and lie there in silence until a new desire reawakens them and recharges them with loving energy. That is one of the qualities of love that moves me most, their capacity for transmitting love. Like water, words are a wonderful conductor of energy. And the most powerful, transforming energy is the energy of love."
Laura Esquivel, Swift As Desire

5 comments:

Shanna Germain said...

I don't know why, exactly, but this made me bawl. Beautiful words, beautiful girl.

Love, me.

ps -- my word is "unking." Hahaha.

BadAssKona said...

Beautiful, beautiful woman! So good of you to be in touch with yourself, and to slow down and appreciate the little moments in life that punctuate your narrative and give it emotional content and meaning.

WV: "ackhorke"
Def: The sound one makes when coughing up a hair ball while sneezing

Gina Marie said...

At noon today I went for a run in the grass. Nobody runs in the grass, but it is good for the ass, you know, and thighs. It's harder, like running in sand. The rain was coming down, and then, suddenly, it was raining and shining at the same time! Little purple flowers and dandelions everywhere, bold blue sky patches and huge white clouds and misty drops. That's how the words are. You have to catch them when they appear and live in-between. The hard kind, that's good for your ass.

Love you two goofballs, too.

spamword: alingle. Alingle love goes a longle, longle way.

Craig Sorensen said...

Everything it its own time...

Lovely post, and comments.

I don't do it much any more, but I'm one who can appreciate the joy of running in the grass... A perfect metaphor for catching those words.

Cheers.

Gina Marie said...

Love you, Craig. Barefoot in the grass.....that's next.

spamword axboocru -- whoa. That's some spamword!