Monday, March 8, 2010

What we found around the next bend




The sun came out on Saturday. Like all the way out. We went for a quick little trail run that turned into a 7 or 8 mile haul. Up and down and all around. Yesterday morning was one of those ooch! ouch! kind of mornings. But WOW! There were waterfalls and flowers, amazing views, and cool plants everywhere, popping up through the warming almost-spring soil.




And then, BAK spotted this incredible, delicious, mysterious golden mushroom! OMG! What is it? We haven't found it in the shroom book yet.


ps -- I was wrong about the Full Worm Moon -- it was February 28. So winter truly is done!



5 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Waterfalls are so sexy! ; )

And my body is angly—just like my spamword.

Craig Sorensen said...

It warmed up into the fifties this weekend, and it was gorgeous today. The buds are weeks away, but the smell of spring is beginning to present itself.

I think your shroom may be a variety of collybia. Love that triangular shape...

Magnificent!

Gina Marie said...

Hey Jeremy, I agree. Waterfalls are sexxxaaayyy. There is one called the Pool of Winds that is beyond sexy. Whew! I'll try to find a photo of it. We didn't get one because of all of the frothy mist whipping around.

Thanks Craig! I looked in the shroom book and couldn't find it. I'll look it up under the name collybia. It was shiny, shiny gold, like it had been painted. I'm glad your temps finally got above freezing! Guess what I just heard on the radio -- snow may be expected here soon. Crazy.

BadAssKona said...

Another incredible day, with my muse!! Nothing like tall trees, clean spring air, beautiful flowers, golden surprises in the duff, deep bowls and icy spray, warm sun, running through the woods, and a celebratory shot of whiskey! Life just doesn't get any better....

Gina Marie said...

Heaven! Now it's freezing again....time for a bubble bath and maybe winter will be gone for good by the time the bubbles all pop.