Sunday, November 8, 2009

Wishes




He Wishes for Cloths of Heaven

Had I the heaven's embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,

I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

--William Butler Yeats



Sometimes the stars truly come into alignment -- a day or two off, maybe, but aligned, finally. All dreams. No tread.

3 comments:

BadAssKona said...

"...but if my silence made you leave, then that would be my worse mistake.
So, I will share this room with you, and you can have this heart to break."

neve black said...

Oh, how I adore Yeats. I'd forgotten how sensual he can be. Gorgeous.

Thanks for the link to Clean Sheets', sexy zodiac readings. Very cool.

Gina Marie said...

Hello, you two! Thanks for stepping in from the cold for some sensual poetry and sexy astrology ;-) I found that poem in a collection edited by Garrison Keillor called "Good Poems."