Saturday, September 12, 2009

Return to the Default World















































Our camp was located on a corner at this great intersection where the world seemed to always be rushing by in all of it's magic, hilarity and wonderful, bizarre wackiness. I could sit on the dusty couches for hours and just watch people. Human Beings transformed into Humans Doing, without television or computers or even cell phones, roaming about the streets of Burning Man, everyone part of the most brilliant organized chaos I've ever seen, 55,000 people forming a city filled with communities and villages in the middle of an ancient lakebed in the Nevada desert. A city where freedom of expression is the law. It was like living an entire perfect lifetime in one week of existence. My brain is struggling to return to the "unreal world," the default world as they say. The experience was incredible and set between two perfect weekends in the Alvord Desert of wild Oregon. I've wanted to experience and explore both places for so long, and as soon as my bare toes touched the cracked earth of the playa, I knew I was home.

Stories soon.....for now, a few of the nearly 600 images, though they sure don't do it justice.





6 comments:

Danielle said...

heyyy..i m so glad you are back...the naked travellers made it home..save at last..:-)

Erobintica said...

love them goggles! can't wait for more. welcome back though.

Craig Sorensen said...

Awesome! Glad to have you back, and hope you can tolerate us defaulters. ;-)

I'm looking forward to your reports from the desert.

Damn I miss the desert...

neve black said...

Wow, what an incredible experience, Gina. Cool. Welcome back and yes, I can't wait to hear, more, more, more.

Donna said...

Can't wait to hear more, too--and what photos! Art and adventure!

Gina Marie said...

Whew! What a wild ride! It took forever for my brain to return to earth!

Love you all and thanks so much for your wonderfulness.

Back in the saddle, as they say, someplace.