Monday, July 27, 2009

On the road














It was a(nother) weekend of sensual wonders and tactile pleasures. Summertime is in full bloom. The sun is high in the sky. The water is cool. The dry wind is racing across my bare skin. The swaying yellow grasses are lifting me into the sky, his drops of sweet pleasure cooling my burning face beneath the otherwordly, sculptural wind turbines. River currents are drifting me into another dimension. Inside the old barn, I dodge broken glass and spiders, then hook my legs onto a dusty beam and hang upside down like a little girl, my hair dragging in the dirt, the smile on my face saying it all, saying, "yes!"
Photos: From Portland, Oregon to Spokane, Washington -- 400 miles of thrills and chills to a really fun athletic event here: http://www.kaniksufamily.com/
"Eroticism is like a dance: one always leads the other"
--Milan Kundera

12 comments:

neve black said...

How wonderful. I love how you enjoy each and every season with such a lust for life and earthy sensuousness of everything around you. I can feel it!

Happy Pre-Birthday wishes to you, my Leo girl.

BadAssKona said...

If ever there were two galactic wanderers, it was us. Hold my hand; we're going on a trip....

Marina said...

Just beautiful!

Gina Marie said...

Hi Sweet Neve,
Thank you! I'm glad you can feel the sand beneath my toes and the wind in my hair. What a trip! Sometimes it's like the whole world is wandering about in a daze, not noticing. I am thankful for people like you who understand about the need to feel things.

BAK -- hand outstretched. Will you wear your "Captain Pink" space man shades and let me steer while you hang out the window during takeoff?

So, so, so glad you're back Marina. I'm listening to your REM song this very moment. I hear ya, sister! Your honesty gives me comfort....hold on, hold on.

Danielle said...

pretty pretty pictures..again..:-)
each time you come up with this you really make me wanna follow you.....

Emerald said...

That sounds like so much fun to hang upside down from a beam in the barn. :)

Lovely pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Craig Sorensen said...

That's some great country you were traveling, and you (of course) captured it well!

Anonymous said...

Lovely!!!!
I just adore summer.
xx
gigi

Gina Marie said...

Danielle, follow the yellow brick road! The more the merrier.

Hi Emerald!! Oh, that was fun. It was such a joy to actually pull over. So often I've said, "let's go see that" and heard, "no, there isn't time" or "no, that's a waste of time," or "no, some other time."

Thanks Craig! I'm not sure when you traveled out that way last, but there are now miles and miles and miles of those turbines. Somehow they add to the natural landscape. They're very sexy :)

Thanks Gigi! Summer, when treated with respect, is very adorable indeed.

Marina said...

Hi GM - I'm glad to be back. You said. "I am thankful for people like you who understand about the need to feel things." That's it exactly! Thanks!

(My verification word is "capers." I wasn't planning to include them in any recipes this weekend. Maybe it's a sign!)

Erobintica said...

Sometimes I find myself missing the sight of dry grass hills in summer while living here in the humid jungle of the northeast - thanks for the pics.

Danielle said...

@ gina..i d love to join you guys..:-)))i really have to start to travel the states again...

@ marina..thats for sure is a sign..that and the fact that i love capers and caper apples...