Monday, June 22, 2009

She had dreamed him


I just had the most incredible dinner at a famous old steakhouse in Portland. So dimly lit it's like going into the bat cave. Into an old timey men's club. Fireplace blazing, even though it's summer. Wait staff in black and white. Linen napkins. There was only one cocktail I wanted when I walked into that bar. A Manhattan. On the rocks. Two sips in, I ate the cherry. We started with raw oysters on the half shell. Then big, juicy steaks on sizzling platters with garlic mashed potatoes. The meal ended with hot coffee in pretty little white cups and a shared hot fudge sundae...in celebration.....of life! Oysters & chocolate. That rings a bell. A silver bell.

Fucking-A! Oysters & Chocolate! Daisy James has a story up today! Enjoy! I'm so full I can barely move. Time to climb under the covers and dream of skyscrapers and phosphorescence.

Seattle, Room 1405
by Daisy James
Many thanks to Oysters & Chocolate
http://www.oystersandchocolate.com/Stories/1698/Room1405Seattle.aspx

A tease....


"He wanted her like this, on display, open to the city, an offering to the vibrating life surrounding them. He wanted her delicate flesh to be feasted upon by the soft-beaked eyes of pedestrians, office workers, cabbies, and lovers in cafes. He wanted her in his hands. He wanted to trace her curves with his fingertips, to watch her move in response. This was his doing, his responsibility, his fantasy, his dream. She was his dream.

She, also, had dreamed him and this moment before. Before there were fossils and the tracks of lust, formed in ancient mud by pressing hooves and flowers and ferns and talons and claws, before the oars of native canoes churned the saltwater to a phosphorescent froth, seemingly before the end and beginning of time, she had dreamed him."

This is for you BAK -- a special song for a sweet someone who can take all the wackiness I dish out and fling it right back -- with a smile and a happy dance and without a shred of fear. A gift I cherish immensely.




10 comments:

Marina said...

Congratulations to both of you, and to Daisy!

Donna said...

Yes, congratulations to all three of you! What a perfect way to celebrate. I love those low-lit old steak houses, straight out of a "Mad Men" episode, the height of adult glamour back in my childhood days.

Donna said...

Just back from O&C and I have to add that is one smokin' hot and utterly gorgeous story!

BadAssKona said...

...I cannot remember a time in my life when I've ever been so happy, for so long. You fill me with hope and joy! I look at your beaming (always beaming) face, and I light up inside. I hear your voice and it is like a trumpet going off in my head, bright and sharp and melodic. When you touch me, I know you love me. It is a touch of warmth and understanding and support and longing.... Manhattan, my dear? Here, take my cherry....

Erobintica said...

love it!

Gina Marie said...

Hi Marina, thanks so much! Daisy is going to celebrate again tonight with a big fat cigar and some whiskey straight out of the bottle :) She's a wild one, that girl.

Donna -- it is one of those "adult glamor" sort of places. I've only been there one other time and I was barely a grownup, so it was wonderful to return with so much to toast! So glad you like "Seattle."

BAK -- wow, so sweet. Oh how I love those sweet, wet, candied fruits. Watch out -- I just might take all of your cherries. Wheee!

Robin, thank you, thank you!!!

Jeremy Edwards said...

"Room 1405" is one of those stories that just feels, to me, like the ultimate something. Ultimate ecstasy. Ultimate liberation. An ultimate expression of arousal and fulfillment. A life-affirming ultimatum.

Thank you for a peak experience, Daisy James.

And here, on the blog, what a festive joyousness! Thank you for letting us share mouthfuls of oyster and chocolate and cherry.

Danielle de Santiago said...

read the story again today..still love it..especially the ending...the images you work with are so strong..seductive...plus the story reminds me on something i expirienced in amsterdam a while ago..but thats another story..yours is pretty fine thats for sure-...:-)

Gina Marie said...

Jeremy, goodness, thank you! It IS about ultimate ecstasy....and ultimate freedom. The freedom to fly. And not just sexually, but as a human being....as a human doing. Thank you, thank you!

Hi Danielle, thank you! So glad you like this story. Ummm...an experience in Amsterdam. I'm getting warm all over. Come now, must tell!

Danielle de Santiago said...

hmmm gina..if you are getting warm already i think i might really have to tell about that warm humid night high above the canals of amsterdam....:-)