Monday, March 9, 2009

lift your little head




The purple Lenten roses blooming along the sideyard looked beautiful with snow on them this morning, but why do they have to hang their heads like that?

To be honest, I've never peered beneath before. I've always just walked by and whispered, "cheer up, would you? Spring is coming!" They never listen. For some reason this morning I thought, "I bet there's something special under there." This is what I found. Wow! Can somebody give me an Amen? Amen!




8 comments:

Neve Black said...

Amen! (squared)

spam word: cochi. My what a lovely cochi you have. :-)

Emerald said...

Wow! How beautiful! Such lovely photos; thanks for sharing KM.

Namaste.

BadAssKona said...

Liberated sex! YAY! Now those little anthers can go to work! Go, anthers, go! Just goes to show, a helping hand is sometimes needed to open a world of possibility.

Erobintica said...

Hmm, I was about to comment when my daughter called and now I forget what I was going to say - something about the flower - oh well, it'll hopefully come to me.

Anyhow - gorgeous photos!

EllaRegina said...

AMEN, baby!

Kirsten Monroe said...

Good morning! Thank you all for your wildflower garden of enthusiasm.

Thanks Neve -- I've never really liked my cochi, but if you find it lovely...well....

BAK -- just goes to show! yeah!

Hi Robin, you crack me up!

Yay EllaRegina -- thanks for the shout!

Erobintica said...

When I got back from my walk this afternoon I wandered my backyard looking at all my very sad looking plants now that the snow is melted away. My Lenten Rose (it has a very dusky purple flower) is not even begun to pop back from winter. Though my strawberry plants are looking like they're just itching to get going. Plus I saw a robin (the flying kind) in my yard for the first time yesterday.

Emerald said...
This comment has been removed by the author.