Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's sunny somewhere


Dreamed it was a beautiful day today and I was headed to the nude beach with my picnic basket. Woke up to the pounding of heavy rain on the roof. But I won't give up that easily. It's sunny somewhere. And this is the realm of the possible, so please join me. The air feels like butter. The sun his hot. The strawberries are juicy. Clothing is optional. Let's go play.


Mmmm....one of my favorite things to do is get up early on a warm June morning and head with my bucket to the u-pick strawberry field. Fresh, warm berries -- nothing better. So I'm going to soak up the smell of earth and damp leaves and ripe fruit while I fill up my pail and toss the berries into some juice, sugar, mint and red wine. They'll marinate on the drive to the beach and be so good.

This simple, sweet Italian fruit marinade from Lucillan Delights is simple and perfect.


MARINATED STRAWBERRIES
Fresh strawberries
The fresh juice of lemons or oranges or both or
Red wine (I vote for both and red wine!)
Sugar (you can add spices as well if you want, cinnamon, mint, maybe ginger – whatever you think will taste good)

Cut the strawberries into small pieces and put them into a bowl. Add 2-3 (or more) tblsp sugar and mix well.- Squeeze the lemons or oranges, you need enough to cover the strawberries, the same goes for the wine.- Leave the strawberries to absorb the taste for 3-4 hours and then you serve them with the juices.




___________________________________




Congrats to Jeremy Edwards on the new piece at Clean Sheets, Tapping into Theresa! Wow Jeremy -- I'm seeing stars after reading that delicious sensual picnic of a story!


"Yes, during those swirling, pounding, screaming, grinding moments when my cock was nesting in the fractal eternity of her cunt and everything else about the material world dissolved into disorientation...I felt myself a spiritual being. A carnal ghost in a well-oiled machine."


Photo: Deviant Art -- Picnic by GrayLine Studios














7 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

Thanks for writing my name in stars here, KM!

And you throw the best picnics!

Kirsten Monroe said...

The pleasure is all mine Jeremy! Come to the beach -- the girls will feed you some berries while they look for tickle holes.

--KM

BadAssKona said...

I'll come to the beach, but berries ain't what I wanna be fed!

Kirsten Monroe said...

No worries BAK -- There are sandwiches and beer at the beach also.

Erobintica said...

I could go a beach right about now - those strawberries don't sound bad either.

& I loved Jeremy's story.

Craig Sorensen said...

I'm not usually a beach sort of guy. I'm more about mountains and deserts, but when the company is good, you know I'll tag along!

You do get some excellent photos for your blog, Kirsten!

Kirsten Monroe said...

Hi Robin -- we'll save some olive tanning oil for you! (protects against skin cancer -- isn't that cool!)

Craig -- the girls are up for anything -- the mountains are right over there and the desert is only a few hours away. We'll meet you there :)