Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Casting a spell


Photo: Sorrows of the Moon at Deviant Art

The moon certainly cast a spell on me. I danced and danced and danced last night and into morning. The sky cleared above the city. The Full Snow Moon looked down and smiled. This morning I caught her again just for a few minutes before dawn. At daybreak the sky became heavy and the hunger moon cried tears of ice crystals. It's snowing again now. 

I have a cake in the oven. A dark, rich chocolate cake to compliment the white landscape. The frosting is a dark chocolate ganache made with whipping cream and a whole pound of bittersweet chocolate. I like ganache because it just pours on so smooth. I'm not much for decorating with fancy tips, but I can handle the hot lava goodness of a thick ganache. When it cools, I'll dip my finger in a some Madagascar vanilla, paint it onto my lips, and plant a little kiss in the center of the cake. No one will see it, but I'll know it's there -- the spell will be cast. Lust. Spring coming. Moonlight. Ice. Fire. Enjoy!

Spread Your Wings Snow Devil Cake
(Dark Chocolate Cake with Ganache Frosting)

1/2 cup Dutch process cocoa (plus more for pans, divided)
2 1/4 cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter (2 sticks, room temp.)
1-1/2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
3 eggs plus 2 yolks, room temperature
12 ounces 60 percent bittersweet chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup half & half

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease two 8-inch cake pans. Dust with cocoa. Line with parchment paper. Whisk dry ingredients (cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking flour & salt) and set aside. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy, add eggs, chocolate & vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and half &half. Divide batter. Bake about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool completely. Stack & frost with ganache! (a center layer of raspberry preserves gives a nice fruity zing if desired).

Ganache:
2 cups whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pound bittersweet chocolate chips or roughly chopped 
3 T. good quality whiskey or brandy

Heat ingredients to just boiling in microwave or in a saucepan. Stir thoroughly. Frost cake, let cool slightly, then transfer cake to a serving platter.

(Don't forget the vanilla kiss!)

_____________________________________________

Now the only thing missing is a stormy night sort of story to serve with dessert. How about this one?





Dirty Girl
--KM

Ringo revs the throttle, easing the bike past the sagging barn door. Hail balls bigger than Satan’s gonads slam into the roof, shuddering the rafters. The red Indian roars between my legs, then shivers silent. Rain drips off leather. Hisses on hot metal. 

Ringo spotted the old barn just in time, right before the killer ice rocketed to earth.

“Good girls don’t hitch rides,” Ringo says. I swing around, unbuckle his belt.

“Fifty-three Indian Chief. Nothing more trustworthy than that.”

“Dangerous.”

Wasn’t planning on it ‘till I heard your sweet ride.”

“Naughty.”

“I'm a bad girl, what can I say?”

The sexual tension is like a downed electrical wire snaking between us, a fuse lit twenty miles back, hands slipped between his legs.

My nipples feel raw and hot beneath my t-shirt.

Ringo pulls his belt free, binds my wrists above my head, pushes me backwards along the length of the warm machine, unbuttoning.

“You aren’t a bad girl or a naughty girl.”

“No?”

“You’re a dirty girl.”

He straddles me, squeezes my breasts.

He pulls one leg by the ankle, brings his hand down wide on my naked butt, hard as fuck.

“Fuck! Oh God!”

I’m grinding beneath him. Wrists burning. Cock teasing on wet thighs. His pre-cum drips thick oily pearls onto my stomach.

He slaps me harder. Pinches. Licks himself from me. 

Thunder booms against old barn wood.

“Fuck me! Please.”

I came on the first slap but it’s never enough. I’m a dirty girl and I want one more for the road.





7 comments:

Neve Black said...

The lunar eclipse was in Leo, Ms. Dancing-pants...(thumps my head) or your no pants dancing ways! :-)

Yes, we can all appreciate a CAKE decorate with hot lava, ganache goodness. Thank you for that.

I love the vanilla kiss secret. Nice.

Erobintica said...

I'm drooling - for more than one reason. ;-)

I love Satan's gonads! I have a funny gonad story - I got this card game - Battle of the Sexes and one of the questions was "what are female gonads called" or some such. I was playing with my husband and 15 year old son. My husband blanked on what gonads are and my son had never heard them referred to as gonads. I must be old because that was a common school taunt "so and so is a real gonad" - anyhow we had a spirited discussion - me ranting about what are they teaching kids these days if they can get into high school without knowing what a gonad is!

Um, I want that cake. All of it.

Kirsten Monroe said...

Ms. Dancing-Out-of-Her-Pants! Can that be my Indian Maiden name?

So what does that mean Neve - a lunar eclipse in Leo? I'm clueless.

You are both the best -- thanks for visiting.

That's funny Robin -- gonads. It's funny how we take words for granted. I can't remember not knowing that word :)I agree, high school kids ignorant of the gonads are dangerous little beasts for sure!

Neve Black said...

Roxanne is out with her cusp boyfriend tonight, AGAIN, so I'll do my best trying to explain planetary influence:

When the moon is full, it's the most powerful force. The moon is how we emote. Whatever sign the full moon happens to be in, we all feel that signs influence, or its characteristics. Leo's are strong-willed, loving, affectionate, proud and it appears they also dance-out-her-pants! We love Leos!

Lunar and solar eclipses are even more potent and usually signify change in relationships and careers. I think change is always good, so I look forward to these celestial shake ups.

Enjoy this week through Saturday, because the planets are moving out of free-loving dancing and into moody Scorpio. Those damn crustaceans!

BadAssKona said...

Actually, we Scorpios are arachnids, like spiders. We wrap up our prey, then suck them dry, or render them helpless with our personal chemical arsenal. And we love to come out during a full moon....

Craig Sorensen said...

Awesome little tryst! Hear, hear to the Satan's gonads line, and this little gem is loaded with sexy images.

Love the "Indian" picture too!

Kirsten Monroe said...

Neve, thank you! "The moon is how we emote." That's so cool! I'm glad you all shared the shaking, shimmering, moonlight dancing with me.

Thanks Craig, I'm such a sucker for motorcycles -- and the guys who vroom them!