Monday, December 15, 2008

A loud exclamation of HA!

I like reading my horoscope in the morning paper -- I'm not really into astrology -- but it's like the cream that cuts the bitterness of those big, heavy headlines. Today my horoscope said that I have my head in the clouds. Really? It said that "Daydreaming is wholly acceptable." Well then. Dream a little dream!

This wine was good, but what I really loved was the label. Isn't that groovy? I'm going to use the bottle for a candle holder.

The word-of-the-day today on one of my favorite wordy websites, the Urban Dictionary, is actually two words. "Bar Laugh."

A little hip jargon to go with my wordy wine. Bar Laugh--Definition 1: "A loud exclamation of "HA", at maximum volume, whilst drunk at a bar. This exclamation may be optionally followed by some "has" at less volume. Primarily this behaviour has been observed on the East Coast of the USA, in cities such as Philadelphia, New York, and Washington D.C.. Man I am wasted! Gimme another Yuengling! I know, let's day the bar laugh! HA!!!"

What else to go with the jargony grapes? Something simple. It's been crazy around here today! We need something very, very simple and very, very yummy. This will do.

Baked Yasses -- The simplest, healthiest, easiest,
yummiest comfort food on earth
besides you-know-what
(Yasses, by the way are Yam Asses, so named because this yam of mine certainly looks like a bare nekkid backside if you ask me!)

Yams, sliced
Cinnamon
Olive Oil
Maple Syrup
Salt & Pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Put the yasses on a baking sheet. Sprinkle their little butts with cinnamon. Drizzle with olive oil and syrup. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake until crispy and browned.

De-lish! Back to those daydreams. HA!

2 comments:

Jeremy Edwards said...

"I would cut classes for yasses with molasses." —Unknown*

*but he looks sort of like me

Kirsten Monroe said...

"I would give up my angora for a peek under that fedora"--A Girl with a Curl