Thursday, November 13, 2008

Groove on

I like wet skin, but not any wet skin. Skin wet with rain. I get a tingle in all the right places when writing with my favorite pen and the ink is rich and black on the page -- and the paper very white. I'm not much for feet, but I love calves -- all kinds of calves. Flower petals, creeks, bumblebees, hummingbirds, black bears, the good smell of his clean hair and the way it feels on my cheek, dark, dark chocolate, stirring batter, dancing outside away from the party, but to the same music while looking in, swaying in the dark. Pinging beer cans with my BB gun. Slipping out of something. The smell of combustion when I fire up my red chainsaw. So what is all this weirdness anyway? I like to get my hands and feet dirty, too. Something about messing around in the soil and clomping around on a trail that gets me all giddy.

I like masts and ropes, get off a little bit (or maybe a lot) when I get a knot tied just right or have perfect timing when releasing the spinnaker. The way a nicely coiled line looks on the rough dock boards. Clanging halyards. A big moon and being alone with it. Branches that scrape against glass at night when noone is listening. And in my whirling dirvish of a mind, it's all sexy. I don't know what it is. Fetishes? Obsession with sensuality? I started looking up words and was surpised at the negativity in the definitions, until I found "delight." That about sums it up. For me anyway. "To Groove on." Yeah! "Cheer, enchant, gladden, gratify, overjoy, please, pleasure, tickle." That's it! That could be anything! Anything at all. Why not? What do you groove on?


Groove on this: Body Knots by Howard Schatz

Festish/fetishism also fet·ich·ism n.

1. Worship of or belief in magical fetishes. 2. Excessive attachment or regard. 3. The displacement of sexual arousal or gratification to a fetish.fetishist fet'ish·ist n.fetishistic fet'ish·is'tic adj.fetishistically fet'ish·is'ti·cal·ly adv.


Dansk (Danish)n. - fetich, dille Nederlands (Dutch)fetisj, aanbidding van een fetisj, magisch object, (seksuele) fixatie Français (French) n. - (Psych) fétiche, (Anthrop) fétiche, objet de culte

Sensual/Sensuality
n.1.The quality or state of being sensual; devotedness to the gratification of the bodily appetites; free indulgence in carnal or sensual pleasures; luxuriousness; voluptuousness; lewdness. Those pampered animalsThat rage in savage sensuality. They avoid dress, lest they should have affections tainted by any sensuality.

Delight/Joie

A feeling of extreme gratification aroused by something good or desired: delectation, enjoyment, joy, pleasure. See happy/unhappy, like/dislike.verb 1. To feel or take joy or pleasure: exult, joy, pleasure, rejoice. See happy/unhappy. 2. To like or enjoy enthusiastically, often excessively. adore, dote on (or upon), love. Slang eat up, groove on. See like/dislike, love/hatred. 3. To give great or keen pleasure to: cheer, enchant, gladden, gratify, overjoy, please, pleasure, tickle. Archaic joy. See happy/unhappy, like/dislike.

3 comments:

Neve Black said...

Hi Kirsten,
I think I just got my groove on reading your post. :-)

Nicely done.

p.s. Anyone ever feeling a little blue should suddenly be jumping for joy after reading your pleasant reminder of all that is so glorious; sensual and fetish-like.

Jeremy Edwards said...

Eating quickly, so that the flavors overwhelm my palate before I can analyze them. Reading erotica one paragraph at a time: Arouse. Relax. Repeat. Glancing at the ocean, just for an instant. Thrilling to the first ten seconds of a favorite song. Meeting someone's eyes at that point in the middle of a bout of shared laughter when we almost forget what we're laughing about.

I love sensuality parceled out in discrete moments, where each moment has a crisp edge. I'll snatch a glimpse of a postcard while my friends go to the movies.

As for "delight" and "joie": They slalom through your writing on roller skates, KM, holding us by the hand.

Kirsten Monroe said...

Hi Neve and Jeremy!

Hooray for grooving on....it....all.

"I love sensuality parceled out in discrete moments, where each moment has a crisp edge."

Ahhhh yes!

Thanks so much for reading & commenting & sharing!