Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Stones in the river



I went to college in Eugene, Oregon. Go Ducks! The hippies and mystics and youthful spirits are still stacking stones on the little basalt islands in the Willamette river. Aren't they beautiful? I'm glad I had the chance to take a walk this summer, arm-in-arm, down the shady path, along the sandy bank where I snapped these lovely shots.



Looking at them.....makes me want to.....


Poet James Tipton says it best at Clean Sheets: I Want to Love You with Every Piece of this Body

Tomorrow: More veggie love. But they're not orange. They're purple!!!

2 comments:

Craig Sorensen said...

Oregon is so beautiful. Love the stacked rocks in the Willamette.

Kirsten Monroe said...

Hi Craig! Yes, we are blessed with amazing landscapes and lots of places to frolick. Now if those Ducks could just get it together!