Friday, September 5, 2008

Simply Indecent!

Amazing art by Eczeman

I received a copy of I is for Indecent (avail. online at Powell's City of Books left or click here for Amazon.com) from the Trollop herself, Alison Tyler....and it's got me all worked up--and down--and up--and....So worked up, in fact, that I went running off and made the most satanic chocolate dessert I've ever concocted. Those who partook hallucinated for days. I am secretly enjoying the delirium of sweat-soaked nights filled with dark, dirty dreams following a good chocolate wallow whilst reading this little powerhouse of a book. The stories are so powerful and raw. Sinister. Sticky. Black. Gooey. Needy. Delicious. Wow! First the brownie recipe.

Nothing’s Better than Sex, But These are a
Close Second Completely Decadent,
Totally Indecent, Satan’s Goatee
Straight to Hell for All Eternity Brownies


24 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
2 cups (4 sticks) butter
8 large eggs
¾ cup good quality unsweetened chocolate powder (my fave is Dagoba)
4 cups sugar
¼ cup good quality whiskey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2cups all-purpose flour, sifted

Ganache frosting:

12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
3 T. whipping cream
2 T. Grand Marnier

Melt the butter and chocolate in micro for about 3-4 minutes. Stir until glossy. Beat eggs and sugar. Add chocolate. Add everything else. Pour into a buttered pan & bake 35 mins. At 350 degrees. Overbaking will wreck the brownies terribly! Do not overbake! They settle nicely into a rich but firm gooeyness upon cooling!

For frosting, melt cream & chocolate in micro. Stir until smooth. Add liquor. Stir lightly. Pour hot frosting atop brownies. Let cool at room temperature or the surface of the ganache will become dull. Shiny ganache or nothing!







Yes, the Devil is on my Mind


Where is my mind
Where is my mind
Where is my mind



With your feet in the air and your head on the ground
Try this trick and spin it, yeah




--Pixies











And from the book....a few favorite moments

"His hands tugged at my panties. Shuddering, I let him draw them down over my bum and my thighs and then I pulled the horrible reeking things off in a twisted wet knot. Terry flung them aside, then shoved me up against the cement wall. He was breathing hard."
--Wet by Janine Ashbless



"Your beeper goes DO AS SHE SAYS. When you look up, you see that her eyes are focused on your nipples. Seeing your look, she smiles and licks her lips. You sit. The shiny aluminum chair is cold against your flesh."
--Have a Nice Day by Mike Kimera


"I smiled at Tom. I wanted this, too. However, my real payoff would come later. When I was home. Just me and my memories. But I nodded and gave him a motherly smile."
--A Genuine Motherfucker by Sommer Marsden


"Indecent: that word appeared in neon letters in my head before the power grid in my head flickered and my mind shut down. Only his tongue was important. All I needed. His firm hands held my cheeks apart, and he licked away the sticky honey. My own palms grew slick on the cold plaster, between the Georgia O'Keeffe calendar and the tiny window overlooking an alley."
--Milk and Honey by Alison Tyler

No comments: