Saturday, September 6, 2008

"I'm not a swinger, I'm just a writer"

Photo from Crazy Horse Too, Vegas

I love Ashley Lister's humor and candor. Great interview at Erotica Readers & Writer's Association about the release of his second non-fiction title, (SWINGERS: Female Confidential).


A tease -- ERWA: Why the interest in swinging? Are you a swinger?

AL: It’s amazing how many people make that assumption. I’ve written and researched the two books on swinging because I wanted to present an objective account of the UK’s swinging scene—not because I’m a swinger and not because I want to advocate a swinging agenda.

In the UK, all the available information about swinging either comes from newspapers that condemn it as disgusting and vulgar, or from books that praise it as being wonderful and perfect for everyone. I wanted to write something objective that gave a balanced view of swinging as it is today in the UK.

But, in answer to your question: I’m not a swinger, I’m just a writer.

I should mention here that one of the reasons I don’t swing is because I’m not particularly good at sex. I can mess it up when I do it on my own. I can cause catastrophes when it’s just me and my wife. If there were other people involved (either in attendance or participating) the chances are I would do something unforgivable or embarrass myself beyond any hope of redemption.

No comments: