Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Gifts from the Goddess

"Before I was born my mother was in great agony of spirit and in a tragic situation. She could take no food except iced oysters and champagne. If people ask me when I began to dance, I reply, 'In my mother's womb, probably as a result of the oysters and champagne - the food of Aphrodite." -- Isadora Duncan, American dancer (1878-1927)

Sustenance and sexuality are woven into the very fabric of our existence. It is the combination of need and desire that both motivates and sustains us. From the earliest times, both food and sex have perplexed, nourished, and pleasured us. Times change, and within our cultural experience throughout the centuries, social acceptance for life's pleasures ebbs and flows.....but food and romance will always be intertwined at the most base level. Remove food and sex from the equation that is life and what is left? Starvation.

http://www.rakemag.com/blogs/breaking-bread/2007/11/food-and-sex-hungry

http://www.webmd.com/solutions/sc/better-love-and-sex/sexy-mood-food

No comments: